Do NOT use while pregnant or breast feeding. Not enough is known about the use of melanotan-II during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Avoid use if you have melanocytic naevi (skin moles).
- Stomach cramp
- Decreased appetite
- Darkened skin
- Increased libido
- Weight loss
And other side effects.
How To Use
When reconstituting only use sterile water for injections or Bacteriostatic water.
Please make sure that you do this in a clean environment to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Snap of off the red plastic lid of your melanotan II vial.
- Take the alcohol wipe out of its packaging, and wipe down the grey rubber top of the peptide vial, then discard the wipe after use.
- Open your ampoule of sterile water for injections that has been provided, using the blue dot as a weak spot.
- Please watch this video on how to open an ampoule safely. This video is not our work but it is the best one we could find. You can also use Bacteriostatic water. NEVER use tap or bottled water.
- While taking precaution do not allow your needle to touch any other object. Insert the needle into your ampoule of sterile water for injections draw back on the syringe and allow it to fill to the maximum reading of 1ML.
- We are now ready to insert the sterile water into the peptide vial. Take your peptide vial, and insert the syringe through the rubber stopper at enough of an angle so that once the needle penetrates the rubber, it is angled towards the side of the vial.
- Slowly push down on the plunger allowing the sterile water to enter down the sides of the vial and into the solution. Take your time doing this, as there is no rush.
- Repeat for the remainder of sterile water (2ML). Once all of the sterile water is added the vial, remove the syringe and gently and roll the vial between your index finger and thumb. Allowing the solution dissolve into the sterile water, do not shake.
- Once the proper amount is added, place the safety cap back on your syringe.
- Store reconstituted product in fridge.
There are plenty of resources online, key search terms would be:
- How to open an ampoule.
- How to mix peptides.
- How to reconstitute melanotan 2
Calculate dosage and frequency.
This is an overly debated part of the process, which is actually quite simple.
There will be a minimum of 10 doses in a vial and a maximum of 20.
Understanding the syringe:
The syringe is the same type that is used by diabetics and is often called an insulin syringe.
The syringe holds a total volume of 1ml solution and is incremented in IU (international units).
There is a total of 100 IU = 1 ML in a full syringe
Working on the assumption that you have reconstituted with the full 2ml of sterile water.
Add 2ml (200 IU) of sterile water to the vial containing the peptide.
Minimum 0.5mg Dosage: 10 IU (international units) = 20 shots per vial.
Maximum 1mg Dosage : 2 IU (international units) = 10 shots per vial.
More is not better….Never use more than 1mg dosage.
The image below shows the normal 0.5mg dose (10 IU)
Think of your body like a sponge it can only absorb so much.
For a more accurate dosage dilute with 2ml of the sterile water for injections provided then simply double the International Units on the syringe.
The loading phase: This phase is until you achieve your desired skin tone.
Take one shot per day or every other day usually at night before bed. This is to avoid the nausea associated with using melanotan 2. Don’t worry about this feeling of nausea it will usually dissipate after around a week of use or you can lower your dosage. For most people around 1-2 vials is enough to achieve their desired skin tone, however people with fair skin, red hair may take a lot longer.
Maintenance phase: this phase is used to maintain your skin pigmentation. Use the same dose that you preferred during the loading phase, only with less frequency, once or twice a week is normal maintenance but some require Jabs less frequent.
Both phases should be done in conjunction with regular UV exposure i.e. sun bed session 1-2 times a week.
The injection is administered subcutaneous (sub-Q) the same as an insulin injection.
Again there are many resources on the internet on how to administer a subcutaneous injection.
- Wash your hands.
- Wipe the top of the premixed melanotan 2 with the alcohol wipe and leave to dry.
- Choose the injection site for this dose.
- Insert the needle into the grey rubber top of the bottle at an angle of 90°.
- Pull back the plunger and draw up the required dosage.
- Remove the needle from the bottle.
- Holding the needle upwards, tap the syringe gently to move any air bubbles towards the needle.
- Push the plunger gently to remove the air bubble and squirt a small amount of the medicine into the air.
- Pinch an inch of fatty tissue around the midsection between your thumb and index finger.
- Holding the needle at a 90º or 45° angle , insert the needle into the skin fold.
- Continue to hold the skin and push the syringe plunger to inject the medicine while counting to 10 slowly.
- Remove the needle from the skin and let go of the skin fold.
The original freeze dried powder (unmixed) should be stored in the freezer, Once reconstituted the solution should be stored between 2-8◦c in a cool dry place. Ideally the fridge.